2010年3月22日星期一

How to chose walking treadmill Worth Buying?


longlivezeon2007-img600x450-presentation1 by kathryn48


Well, this is a piece of fitness equipment that will. Many people feel that the warranty alone is worth purchasing this treadmill. When people complain about the treadmill being boring, it is probably because they do the same workout over and over.running machineIt also has the wireless heart rate control, 3 color LCD display, arm rest and incline controls to assist you during training.Each are twenty minutes long, include a warm up and cool down period, and are equally effective for runners or walkers.With a non-motorized treadmill, you go only as fast as you push yourself.walking treadmillMost home machines can be folded and stored away with minimal effort. If you've been running for a while you already know that outdoor running is not always possible due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances, that's when your treadmill becomes your best friend. They all tend to be very highly rated in most home treadmill reviews. Before you make a treadmill purchase, there are some things that should be taken into consideration.There have been a lot of advancements in technology and durability over the past couple of decades. There are a lot of choices out there and it can be difficult to filter through all of them and choose one.



A very long time ago -- 5 years to be precise -- a rock band from Chicago called OK Go made a music video on a series of treadmills.



You remember it, don't you?



Well, Damian Kulash sure does -- he's the lead singer of what had been an unknown band. But Damian and his mates made a video and without asking permission from their record label EMI, they put it up on a little-known site called YouTube.



The rest is viral video history.



"We shot it at my sister's house," explained Kulash in the New York Times. "But back then record companies saw videos as advertisements, so if my band wanted to produce them, and if YouTube wanted to help people watch them, EMI wasn't going to get in the way."



This sounds good, right? Kulash says they thought so:



"As the age of viral video dawned, "Here It Goes Again" was viewed millions, then tens of millions of times. It brought big crowds to our concerts on five continents, and by the time we returned to the studio, 700 shows, one Grammy and nearly three years later, EMI's ledger had a black number in our column. To the band, "Here It Goes Again" was a successful creative project. To the record company, it was a successful, completely free advertisement."





What folks didn't know, even back then, was that a large portion of YouTube's audience was watching YouTube videos on various pages across the web -- what has come to be known as "Embedded" videos. YouTube plays on other people's pages, and that trend has only intensified since the famous treadmill musicians hit the scene.



Now, YouTube has technology that gives owners the technical ability to recognize complex patterns, and the authority to control who is allowed to embed video, and where it's allowed to go.



So, when Margaret Stewart presented at talk at TED called "Memes, Mash-Ups and Monetization: Rethinking Copyright in the Digital Age" I wasn't sure what to expect.



First, Stewart told the technology story. Yes, Google has the technology to be able to determine who is the owner of any piece of music that has been registered with them. And yes, when music is uploaded to YouTube, record labels can decide if they want to have them be embedded or kept off the web.



Stewart told the story of the now-legendary music video about the wedding entrance in a Minnesota church to the Chris Brown song "Forever" (embedded here).



Stewart reminded the audience that the song was old, and hardly popular, before the wedding video rocked the world. 18 months after it had been released it was #4 on iTunes -- thanks to the viral popularity of the wedding march. 17 million people watched the video, and not surprisingly bought the song. A viral hit became a monetization home run for Zomba, Brown's record label.



Stewart's point: allowing content to move around the web is good business strategy. She says that empowering video sharing through rights management can be a win-win. Basically she offered an appeal to rights' holders to set open sharing rules on their content in You Tube's content matching database.



And she's not alone. Joy Marcus, the General Manager of DailyMotion.com, says it best: "2010 will be known as the Year of the Video Embed."



But the folks at OK Go (the treadmill band) sadly report that not everyone is getting the message.



"EMI disabled the embedding feature. Now we can't post the YouTube versions of our videos on our own site, nor can our fans post them on theirs. If you want to watch them, you have to do so on YouTube," Kulash laments.



Kulash continues, "But this isn't how the Internet works. Viral content doesn't spread just from primary sources like YouTube or Flickr. Blogs, Web sites and video aggregators serve as cultural curators, daily collecting the items that will interest their audiences the most. By ignoring the power of these tastemakers, our record company is cutting off its nose to spite its face."



The numbers don't lie -- OK Go's video plays have dropped 90 percent since embedding was shut off. OK Go is OK GONE. Ouch.



But not all labels have their head in the sand. When I tested the YouTube music matching software with a photo montage that I created from my pictures from TED, I used the David Bowie song "Let's Dance" and uploaded the mash-up to YouTube, expecting to get a "sorry -- copyrighted music" warning.



But happily, the folks at SONY seem to get what EMI doesn't - instead, they put a little "buy this song" add at the bottom of the video -- fine with me.



There's a change in the air. It's a change about video. And it's going to have an impact on video makers, video sites, and video watchers alike. It's what rocker Kulash called "the basic mechanics of the Internet" -- embedding.







WebWorkerDaily readers are a diverse bunch. Every week, I profile a different reader and ask them to share what they do, how they do it, and some of their favorite hints and tips.



Who are you and what do you do?



My name’s Lisa Solomon and I wear three hats in the legal industry. Through my law practice, Lisa Solomon, Esq. Legal Research & Writing, I assist attorneys with all their legal research and writing needs, including preparing and arguing appeals and drafting substantive motions and trial memoranda. Through my coaching and consulting practice, Legal Research & Writing Pro, I show other lawyers how to start and run successful practices as contract (freelance) attorneys and teach lawyers in all practice areas how to write more persuasive briefs. I also blog about contract lawyering and legal writing. Finally (along with my partner and husband, Mark), I operate The Billable Hour Company, which sells humorous gifts and greeting cards for lawyers and legal professionals.



What’s a typical day like for you?



After dropping my son off at school, I return home and get on the treadmill desk in my downstairs office. I check my email, catch up on Twitter, and dive into work, all while walking at 2.2 mph. I try to get a couple of miles in before breakfast, which I eat at my desk in my main office upstairs (perhaps while treating myself to some Facebook Scrabble). Then it’s back to my treadmill desk, where I may be doing legal research, drafting a brief or talking to a client on the phone (a headset comes in handy for longer calls). I might address administrative issues related to my practice or occasional inquiries from Billable Hour Company customers. Once I’ve finished my miles for the day, I continue working in my main office. When my two kids get home from school, I take a quick break to say hi before the sitter supervises their homework or drives them to after-school activities. I stop to make dinner and spend time with my family in the early evening. Once my son is in bed, I go back to work for a few more hours.



What gear and software do you use, and why?



In my primary home office, I have an older (2005 vintage) PC running Windows XP, with a 23.5″ widescreen ASUS monitor. When I’m at my treadmill desk or on the road, I use a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop (also running Windows XP). When I’m using my treadmill desk, the laptop is hooked up to a supplemental 17″ monitor for more screen real estate. And I love my Canon Color Imageclass MF8170c multifunction printer: it’s a real workhorse.



The software and web apps I use most often are:




  • Intellect! from Chaos Software for email, calendaring and contact management

  • TweetDeck to manage my Twitter stream

  • Second Copy to sync files between my desktop and laptop

  • Firefox with the Readability, Print What You Like, Colorful Tabs, TinyURL Generator and the Facebook Toolbar add-ons installed

  • Google Calendar to organize my family’s activities and appointments

  • Gmail for supplemental email (my ISP is currently blocking messages from an active listserv I’m on that is important to my practice).

  • TextPad text editor (only one of my web sites is built using a blog platform; the other two don’t have any back-end content management system)

  • Endicia for Internet postage

  • Foxit Reader for viewing PDFs

  • Carbonite for remote backup

  • Kaspersky antivirus

  • Taskbar Shuffle

  • Wordperfect 12 (my preferred word processor) and MS Word 2003

  • Excel and Powerpoint (from MS Office 2003)



When I want to access the internet from outside the office, I use WMWifiRouter to wirelessly connect via my Samsung Omnia phone.



What’s your favorite web working tip?



It pays to be an early adopter. I was one of the first lawyers to recognize and take advantage of the technological advances that make outsourcing legal research and writing services practical and profitable for law firms of all sizes. When I launched my law practice back in 1996, I had to drag some of my clients, kicking and screaming, into the Internet age. Although I could do legal research online, my dial-up connection was painfully slow. But making the leap online early on has helped me gain the visibility and make the online contacts that are critical to success in an information-driven profession.



If you would like to be profiled on WWD, get in touch with me at simon (at) gigaom (dot) com.





Do you wish to have your own treadmill at home but you worry that it may not compliment the style of your home? All treadmills have programs for all individuals no matter what there fitness goals are. It's not something that many people are taking lightly either because they are moving forward so well on a nice treadmill. This treadmill also allows you to fold up and hide away your treadmill in order to make sure that your room is not too crowded.More than just an easy to use machine it comes with full stereo speakers to guide you through whatever kind of sounds you want to workout to. commercial treadmillThis treadmill priced a little high than other brands has some additional features which support for the high price. It will serve you just as well and cost you thousands less.First of all, the frame of a commercial treadmill is made of a high alloy steel or aluminum, and is welded, as opposed to put together with nuts and bolts, like consumer grade equipment. As more and more people developed the habit of doing regular exercise, the popularity of commercial treadmills has also increased.

没有评论:

发表评论